Area: DUNEDIN and OTAGO
Bars and Nightclubs
Alexandra: Blues Lounge
GLBT friendly Lounge Bar & Restaurant in Alexandra, Central Otago.
Open for coffee, drinks, cocktails & evening dining. Musical theme & vinyl jukebox.
Open afternoon & evening, from 2.30pm, Tuesday to Saturday.
49 Centennial Avenue, Alexandra. Phone: 03 448 5959
Email: Click Here
Saunas and Cruise Clubs
Bodyworks is a safe sex on site/manspace for men wanting to meet and associate freely with other men.
127 Lower Stuart St, Dunedin. Ph: 03 477-8228
Open 7 days. Email: Bodyworks
Support Organisations and Social Groups
Dunedin and Southern Gay and Lesbian professionals and business network and social drinks.
Lemon briefcase is about creating opportunities for you to network and make friends in a friendly after work environment. Monthly network meetings the last Wednesday of each month at Nectar Cafe, 286 Princes Street,
Dunedin from 5.30 to 7.30pm.
$10.00 cover charge for nibbles.
Email: Lemon Briefcase
Queer Support @ the OUSA Student Support Centre
The OUSA Student Support Centre has a huge selection of Queer DVDs as well as videos/books/mags available for free hire! (Non-students welcome)
For Tertiary Students we also offer:
- Confidential peer support - talk to one of our trained queer peer supporters about anything that may be on your mind (coming to terms, coming out, relationship issues, and personal issues). Discretion assured for those who do not want to risk being outed.
- Advocacy - having any queer related problems at University (in class, your residential colleges/flats etc)? queer support can provide advice, information and assistance.
- Safer Sex - Access the latest in safer sex info (for both males/females)
Prospective Student at Otago University? Get a heads up on queer n'queer friendly Dunedin.
Address: 5 Ethel Benjamin Place (behind Clubs and Socs Building)
Phone: 03 479 5445
Glenaven Methodist Church
Chambers St, NEV.
A "reconciling congregation" which affirms and includes men & women, young & old, gay & straight, people from different cultures & social backgrounds.
Services are on Sundays at 11am preceded by morning tea at 10:40am.
The L Club
An informal social group for lesbians over 45.
We meet on the third Thursday of the month from 5.30pm at The Black Dog Bar and Cafe on Princes St.
This is an opportunity to meet and chat, eat and/or drink.
Phone Orma on 478-0560 for further information
Meets on the first Saturday of the month for different activities.
Contact Barb on Rainbow Families
or Phone: 453-1108 for more details.
- your queer tertiary students network
For queer and queer students @ university/polytech and private training intuitions in Dunedin.
Join uniQ by signing up on the uniQ mailing list. This is the latest and greatest what's on guide for Dunedin (non-students welcome to join).
UniQ also runs:
- CoffeeQ (Coff-eeeeeek) - Social coffee group for all students.
Every Weds during semester 4-6pm in Otago Room, Clubs and Socs Building.
- Parfait - Queer Party with guest DJs, hosted at a local bar twice per semester.
Join our email list for more details
Email: UniQ Otago
Your GLBT venue or group not listed or your current listing needs updating?
Please use our
Online Listing Form