Ban of Poppers - wtaf <insert sad & pissed off emoji>

• OMG - I've just found out that they've banned the sales of poppers/amyl in NZ sex shops - like just before lockdown?!?!?!?

From what i've read, Medsafe have said that alkyl nitrates (which includes isopropyl nitrate) are now scheduled as prescription medicines. WHAAAATTTTTTTTT??? So, does that mean, i need to go to my doc, tell my doc I've got an urge to get off, ask for a script for poppers and get it dispensed at the pharmacy!!! Huh???

Anybody out there know more about what's happening with this as it just seems absolutely crazy!!!

Or, anybody know where poppers may still be able to be purchased (as stockists MUST be having to clear stock)?

Have a nice day - without amyl!

1st May Like
  • I believe there's a change.org petition to try and reverse the ban as it creates barriers for people who want to access it

Petition can be found here: https://www.change.org/p/medsafe-don-t-ban-poppers

2nd May Like
  • It's pretty crazy. It is, in essence, a total ban until pharmacies are able to stock it (which means suppliers of poppers have to go through loops and whistles prior to it being available).

From what I hear, Australia does not yet stock poppers in pharmacies as no one product has made its way through the bureaucracy - and they implemented the changes a while back.

It is still available in the UK without a prescription and there are a bunch of online retailers that ship here. It'll just come down to pure good luck getting it through customs I guess.

9th June Like
  • it'll just open a black market

10th June Like
  • Has anyone gone to their gp to request a script for them yet?

26th October Like

GayNZ.com is your digital hub of the LGBTQ+ community in Aotearoa New Zealand. Find the latest events and support local rainbow businesses.

Copyright © 2019 - 2020 GayNZ.com. All rights reserved.

Made with 🌈  in Tāmaki Makaurau Auckland, Aotearoa New Zealand