You'll find a vibrant and growing community at GayNZ.com. Our goal is to be the digital hub of the LGBTQ community in Aotearoa New Zealand. On our forums, we want to foster conversations and topics that are helpful, informative, and fun. We very much would like you to help us do just that, so here are some guidelines for how to participate
- We’re so glad you’re here! We hope you will help create great conversations in our community.
- Do politely ask us questions and let us know what you like and don’t like about a specific article or video, or the ideas we talk about in it.
- Don’t be a jerk, call people jerks, or react to jerks. We’ll remove bad stuff when we see it.
- Respect and help the moderators. It’s a small team of dedicated, caring humans working hard to make things better.
Here are things that will get your comment or forum post removed and quite possibly get you bozoed or banned. Note that this is not a comprehensive list. Our moderators reserve the right to remove anything we deem inappropriate.
- Spam: Zero tolerance, of course! If it comes from a human or a robot, spam will be deleted. This includes self-promotion. Generally speaking, promoting your projects here will be treated like any other spam.
- Personal attacks: Don’t attack or insult another user. It’s not helpful and it doesn’t make GayNZ.com a friendly place. This includes calling other members trolls.
- Doxxing: Don’t reveal someone else’s personal information.
- Illegal activities: Posting links to illegal downloads, ways to steal service, and other nefarious activity is not OK here.
- NSFW material: Nope, not allowed. Even images or links that could be considered borderline are not acceptable. A good rule of thumb is that anything beyond PG-13 will get you in trouble, but we reserve the right to remove any post we deem offensive. This goes for pornographic material, vile language, gore and generally gross stuff.
- Racism, sexism, and other discrimination: Attacking entire classes of people is just like attacking a single person: we’ll ban you for it.
- Trolling: ”Trolling” is annoying, but we know what trolls are and we won’t tolerate it. If you’re abusing the good conversations here at GayNZ.com, we will take your comments and posts down. This includes taking a thread off-topic, by the way.
- Spreading misinformation: We are not a platform for spreading conspiracy theories and misinformation, and will remove posts promoting obvious falsehoods.
- Complaining about articles: We cover a wide array of topics, not all of which are easy, comfortable, or reflective of your personal views. While we’re not against discussions of our coverage, plainly stated accusations of bias are usually an indication that you’re not trying to be a productive member of the community.
- Commenting on someone’s physical appearance, voice, or style: Let’s keep the discussion to the content, please. Even if you’re writing what you consider a compliment, it will be removed.
- Multiple accounts and throwaway emails: We don’t allow multiple accounts per user. Using a disposable email address signals to us that you might not be here for the right reasons. You also may not create accounts designed to impersonate another person.
Our moderator team works to keep conversation here friendly, engaging, helpful, and productive. If we feel a comment or forum post is harming our community, we’ll take action.